Coding Task List - Before IB2 Initial Release

Discuss anything in general about the IceBlink Engine + Toolset project (or anything else) here.

Re: Coding Task List - Before IB2 Initial Release

Postby youngneil1 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:22 am

Thank you, guys :) !

I am back from holidays now and could do some decent coding in the meantime on the new toolset interface for setting up waypoints of moving props (Waypoint mode, WP Button). I expected this to get tricky and so it was :mrgreen: . By now though, most of the work is finished. I got all main features up and running, but there's some debugging and testing still to do.

I hope for a test candidate release this week/weekend if all works out as expected.

With the WP interface integrated, moving props become quite a center stage feature (visibly in the toolset interface and generally when one considers the possibilities the time scheduled/patrolling/chasing movers bring to set up a living world). This certainly is the cornerstone of my work on IB during the last few years. A world full of movers (ambience NPC like animals or non-dialogue people, quest givers/interactive NPC, enemies) feels quite different than a more static setup, especially when the smootly scrolling movers bring animations and situative bark strings. Exciting times indeed :) .
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby Dorateen » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:38 pm

Hi, youngbeil1. Welcome back!

If you have a moment to spare at some point, could you look into an inventory issue? It was brought to my attention that equipped ammunition is disappearing upon loading a saved game. Specifically a stack of arrows (or bolts, etc) were turned into a single arrow in the equipped ammunition slot on the character screen when loading a save. When finding new arrows (such as after an encounter) that arrow vanished completely.

I think I saw this glitch once on a playthrough, but I didn't know how widespread it was. I will try to reproduce and post some screenshots. Again, this is affecting a character's equipped ammunition slot, not stacks of ammunition in the shared inventory.
Dorateen
Backer
Backer

Postby Dorateen » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:39 pm

Hi, youngneil1. Welcome back!

If you have a moment to spare at some point, could you look into an inventory issue? It was brought to my attention that equipped ammunition is disappearing upon loading a saved game. Specifically a stack of arrows (or bolts, etc) were turned into a single arrow in the equipped ammunition slot on the character screen when loading a save. When finding new arrows (such as after an encounter) that arrow vanished completely.

I think I saw this glitch once on a playthrough, but I didn't know how widespread it was. I will try to reproduce and post some screenshots. Again, this is affecting a character's equipped ammunition slot, not stacks of ammunition in the shared inventory.
Dorateen
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:08 pm

Thank your for the heads up, Dorateen! I will look into the equipped ammunition issue once I have released the next IB Beta (see above). With adding a charges property to items, I made the quantity/ammmunition code a bit messy, iirc :oops: . That the bug is triggered by loading/saving is a very good clue to begin with...
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:59 pm

IB Beta v171 released - no liabilities, no warranties, use at your own risk:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pbdgn2fcg83ei ... 1.zip?dl=0

- integrated a UI for placing waypoints for moving props into the toolset (WP Button); I will make an extensive tutorial post on how to use it soon (inter alia: in WP mode left click places new waypoints, esc key deletes the currently selected WP; currently selected WP is highlighted in cornflower blue; with right click you open a drop down menu for the clicked square shwoing a selection of waypoints/movers on that square for chosing; W/S or A/d can be used to cycle through waypoints of a prop quickly, even cross different maps; c key pressed with a waypoint selected copies this waypoint; v key and then left click on target squares palces the copied waypoint; allowed actions depend on the movement type of the prop (time driven, patrol, random, post); autosorting based on departure time for the WP of time driven movers...)
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:52 am

I found the reason for the equipped ammo bug (a piece of code in loading save games and setting up shop routines that shall prevent item duplication in case of equipped items - it works great for all items but ammo because equipped ammo is atypically still dispalyed in inventory). I will upload the fix later tonight - please give it a bit of testing if you can, espcially when it comes to ammo duplication glitches now.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:35 am

IB Beta v172 released - no liabilities, no warranties, use at your own risk:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9e5pswbl1goko ... 2.zip?dl=0

- fixed a bug that caused losing equipped ammo on loading a savegame (thanks to Dorateen for pointing to this one); fix needs some careful playtesting to check whether it causes ammo duplication issues in shops or on reloads though
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:46 am

Before writing the tutorial for using the Waypoint Interface (WP Button), I will likely try to add a copy & paste functionality for already placed props to the toolset (similar to the c, v hotkeys for copy-pasting waypoints). This might speed up building quite a bit (and keep the Blueprint list shorter as not all multirelevant props would need to be constructed as blueprints). I do this mainly for the moving props, but it might very well be helpful for other kinds of indiviudalized props below blueprint level. I must be careful to assign correct unqiue tags when settign this up.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby Dorateen » Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:44 pm

Thanks, youngneil1. I will give 172 some testing. Appreciate the fix!
Dorateen
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:03 pm

Always a pleasure, Dorateen (and I have to thank for discovering all the bugs).

V173 will have amother little fix regarding ammo. Selling all ammo to shop in v172 causes that single arrow image to remain in party screen (when ammo was equipped). No more in v173.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

PreviousNext

Return to General IceBlink Project Discussions