Coding Task List - Before IB2 Initial Release

Discuss anything in general about the IceBlink Engine + Toolset project (or anything else) here.

Re: Coding Task List - Before IB2 Initial Release

Postby youngneil1 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:21 pm

IB Beta v173 released - no liabilities, no warranties, use at your own risk:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mngwn3iqtm7pd ... 3.zip?dl=0

- another fix for equipped ammo (this time concerning sale of equipped ammo)
- added copy (c hotkey) and paste (v hotkey and then left click on target square) for already placed props, works only when not in WP mode (WP button off)
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:48 am

I am looking into a little glitch that causes autorunning after leaving the shop screen. Also, I will try to pause the realtime timer when returning to mainmap from subscreens like convo, container, shop, encounter... - it will ideally start again on next move. In parallel, I will start rewriting the guide for setting up movers now (referring to the new waypoint interface in the toolset).
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby zach_holbrook » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:21 pm

Welcome back! Excited to try out the new stuff...
zach_holbrook

Postby youngneil1 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:16 am

Thank you, Zach :) ! I am rewriting the guide for setting up moving props currently. I am a very slow and reluctant guide writer, it seems :lol: , but we will get there ;) .
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby Dorateen » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:55 pm

Hi youngneil1, I would like to get your thoughts on something of a script request.

The gcCheckForItem.cs script has parameters 3 and 4 that are not currently used. Would it be possible to modify this script, to check if an item is actually equipped by a character? Would that work by setting up a parameter and choose true or false? (Maybe by default, leave it blank, but if there is a need to check an item is equipped, then set to true.)
Dorateen
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:25 am

That's a great idea there, Dorateen. I think it will be doable in the way you describe it (ony my list for v175). v174 upcoming next post as I just finished piecing it together (it contains some ideas I had while guide writing).
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:30 am

IB Beta v174 released - no liabilities, no warranties, use at your own risk:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pqbzixr8l2nq8 ... 4.zip?dl=0

- added a stealthModifier for tiles (tile properties): it works for the party as well as npc movers. This way you can eg set up undergrowth areas or shady corners and create some puzzles/challenges revolving around sneaking skillfully aroudn the map (using cover)
- also made a new subcategory of proprerties for props (subcategory 4i in their properties) that allows to set up a stealthModifier that overrides the stealthModifier of a tile; this makes it easier to set up sneaky spots quickly, including their graphics
- the new subcategory right now is only for stealthModifier, but eventually it will cover movement speed modifiers, movement/tile entry restrictions and hazards/environmental damage
- added a copy and paste funtionality for placed triggers to the toolset (works like copying & pasting placed props, see above: select trigger (from drop down of its tile), press c key, press v key, left click anywhere (even on a differnt area) to place an indedendent copy of the trigger); this can speed up building considerably if you find yourself using samey or similar triggers again and again)
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Previous

Return to General IceBlink Project Discussions