Coding Task List - Before IB2 Initial Release

Discuss anything in general about the IceBlink Engine + Toolset project (or anything else) here.

Re: Coding Task List - Before IB2 Initial Release

Postby youngneil1 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:59 pm

IB Beta v175 released - no liabilities, no warranties, use at your own risk:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0p53ixqsyaj4y ... 5.zip?dl=0

- expanded gcCheckForItem script to check for equipped items like this:
Code: Select all
//gcCheckForItem.cs - Checks to see if an item(s) is/are in the party/PC inventory
//parm1 = (string) item resref
//parm2 = (int) required quantity in inventory (irrelevant if checking for equipped items in parm3 or parm 4, which always check for a single item -> just use 1 here i this case)
//parm3 = (bool) "true" or "false"; must item be equipped by at least one player? (irrelevant if checking for item being equipped by a specific player in parm 4) 
//parm4 = (string) "leader" or -1: requires the current party leader to have the item equipped; you can also write a character's name here (with correct capitalization please) and then the engine checks whether the character with this name has the item equipped

- optimized weather effect performance and quality a little bit, expanded tooltip in toolset for area weather (fog mostly, also rain and snow density/placement, made sure lightning works correctly)
- fixed bug connected with floaties of props appearing on the currrent (and not the correct neighbouring map)
- fixed a bug connected with triggers being activiated double time
- made the real time timer pause and activate itself again after leaving a sqaure with convos, triggers, etc.

More later, good to be back here again :) .

Edit: Now with downlaod link, sorry :oops: :) .
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby Dorateen » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:16 pm

youngneil1 wrote:IB Beta v175 released - no liabilities, no warranties, use at your own risk:

- expanded gcCheckForItem script to check for equipped items like this:

That is great, thank you. While I have a specific use in mind, this opens up other possibilities such as requiring characters to wear a disguise to access an area, or perhaps wield a particular weapon against a monster. (Check to see if item is equipped, before initiating the encounter, for example.)

Edit: Did you post the download link, youngneil1?
Dorateen
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:30 am

Thank you for the heads up on the missing downlaod link, Dorateen. I was a bit sleepy still when I posted that one :roll: .

I hope the adjusted script will work out fine as I did not test it very much so far. Keeping fingers crossed :P .
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:36 am

That’s an impressive list of new features in this update. The stealth settings on tiles sounds like fun! Tomorrow we move everything out of the storage unit to the house and that will be the last of it. Then comes the fun of unpacking and organizing everything

Thank you, Jer. Yep, I hope clever usage of cover can bring some gameplay fun. As with many things it is rather untested (especially as it relies on the trait system as well as moving/chasing props), so I see more finetuning coming in once modules utilize this system.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:41 am

Some great new features, thanks Karl! I just downloaded the latest version, looking forward to giving it a go soon. 
The new (?) guide is particularly helpful - well done on that. I haven't been able to keep track of what is going on for a while, so its a welcome sight! 

Great to hear, Phil :) . The guide (and all the documentation) is still incomplete but we will get there, harf!
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:45 pm

174 is working well for me so far. I've noticed a music transition problem with some of the recent builds (not new with 174, I'm pretty sure) -- after combat, the combat music keeps playing and persists even between areas. Really the only issue engine-wise I've encountered, though admittedly I haven't tried everything yet. I must say how happy I am, though, that music now plays without toggling first!

Thank you for the heads up, Zach. I will look into the odd behaviour of the combat music. I have to make a habit to test more with headphones on - too often I playtest fully muted which is suboptimal.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:47 pm

As I got a new uwqhd screen at home, I will try to make the engine more compatible for wide screen gaming. Jer has layed fantastic ground work for doing this. Still, many code parts I added might miss relying on it, so this could get tricky (pending).
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby Dorateen » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:01 pm

youngneil1 wrote:Thank you for the heads up on the missing downlaod link, Dorateen.

No problem, I wanted to make sure it wasn't something I overlooked. I downloaded 175, and started working with it. I will give it a good testing.
Dorateen
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:06 pm

@Dorateen: Thank you for giving it a testdrive, most welcome :) .

Laying down my cards here to sort next steps:

- add better widescreen support
- fix battle music bug (playing even after encounter is finished)
- have a look into possible improvements of the NPC faction system
- allow info on guild allegiance and guild rank in character screen
- finish guide update on setting movers especially with new ui for this in the toolset (also write a few other guides, sigh, most importantly on setting up all the interactive props -> lots of work and functionality tied to them)
- build test village for all the movers (Project Living World testing)
- play through Hearkenwold again (with all the new additions)
- add smooth scrolling and idle/breathing animations to combat screen (that's a big and tricky one)
- smash them bugs whenever they raise their ugly heads -> they shall not circle and outnumber us, harf :mrgreen: !
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby zach_holbrook » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:43 pm

Oooh! These all sound like good good things.
zach_holbrook

PreviousNext

Return to General IceBlink Project Discussions