IBbasic (ideas, suggestions, bug reports, task list,updates)

Discuss anything in general about the IceBlink Engine + Toolset project (or anything else) here.

Re: IBbasic (ideas, suggestions, bug reports, task list,upda

Postby youngneil1 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:48 am

Help button in creature editor has written „help“ on it. The other help buttons just show the ? Icon. No help texts so far, but this likely one of the last things to do.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:55 am

When editing item value, the input screen asks for a creature‘s starting spell point value.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:06 am

Placing creatures in combat allows placing them on top of each other. Maybe double check against this? Likely best if a new creature erases the one beneath it? When placing same creature on itself, this could act as delete single creature, ie old removed and no new placed?
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:10 am

Tile graphics (eg in encounter editor) would benefit from a few category buttons, maybe based on file name prefix. Would speed up building as the 20+ screens of art (plus author custom art) will steal quite a bit of search time.

Placing creatures via their graphics is great fun by the way :D .
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby slowdive » Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:56 pm

Thanks Karl! All great catches and suggestions... Adding to my growing list :lol:
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Zanicus » Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:40 pm

On Android, if you click zip or unzip module and then use the back button to return to the main menu, all the buttons (play, create...) become unresponsive
Zanicus

Postby slowdive » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:16 pm

Ah. Didn't think about it's being able to exit the selection UI by back button. I'll need to handle that situation. Thanks for the catch... That's part of the problem with just me trying. I always do the same habits :lol:
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby slowdive » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:29 pm

SIDE NOTE: To help with spreading the word, it would be great if the community could leave a rating and a review for the apps on Google Play and eventually Apple App Store. Since both stores do not tolerate the developers using metadata or keywords that mention other games, like SSI goldbox, to have their app show up in searches, the only way to do that is through user's leaving reviews with keywords.

I left this review:
Similar to the great SSI Goldbox games such as Pool of Radiance and has branching dialog system similar to Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, and other Infinity Engine games.

Gaming it a bit there :lol: , but the whole app world is tough to get found in... Especially with all the princess dress up and animal simulator apps in the role playing game section (my daughter loves those :lol: ).
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby youngneil1 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:12 pm

Will look into reviewing tomorrow, maybe like "You will find no better princess simulator out there.. be the Meghan of your dreams and throw fireballs right there from your wedding dress :D !" Well or similar to this at least :lol: ...
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby Zanicus » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:14 pm

Sometimes when dialogs are very long they get cut off like in the image. Also it is possible to trigger the same encounters in Raventhral twice - for example, I went with my party to the temple and cleared the ghouls outside of it, then decided that inside was too hard for now so I went back and fought some squirrels, managed to get into the wizard's house, level up a bit, and when I returned to the temple I had to fight the ghouls outside of it again and I also somehow triggered the conversation where the assassin lady initally joins you with her already in my party
Attachments
Capture+_2018-08-28-19-26-12.png
Capture+_2018-08-28-19-26-12.png (51.57 KiB) Viewed 1127 times
Zanicus

PreviousNext

Return to General IceBlink Project Discussions