IBbasic (ideas, suggestions, bug reports, task list,updates)

Discuss anything in general about the IceBlink Engine + Toolset project (or anything else) here.

Re: IBbasic (ideas, suggestions, bug reports, task list,upda

Postby slowdive » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:29 pm

Great catches there. I'm thinking that having to redo an encounter or conversation might have something to do with save game loading issues. Did your only see the issue after a reload? I'll look into this tonight as well as the too much text issue. Thanks again for your work.
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby slowdive » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:46 pm

Also, just a reminder to anyone who is debugging issues, use the debugmode button and then in combat you will get a"kill" button. This speeds up testing for me substantially.
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Zanicus » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:25 pm

Just finished Raventhal, enjoyed it a lot!

I tried to replicate the bugs so I started a new game, and when I did, all of the map was already explored and I couldn't trigger the green dragon guy conversation at all, so like you said it's probably an issue with saved games.

Also if one of your party members gets knocked out in combat and you heal them while a monster is standing on top of their corpse then they'll both end up on the same tile
Zanicus

Postby slowdive » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:44 pm

Congrats on escaping the raventhal! Very weird bugs, I just tried to replicate then on my iPhone to no avail. I'll need to try on an Android device when I get home... I'm assuming that you have an Android device and are not playing the PC version. What Android OS version are you on? Did the app ask for read/write permissions and did you grant or deny them? Thanks again... This is why it is great to have more eyes and testers especially for Android with all the thousands of different devices and OS versions out there to handle.
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby slowdive » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:31 pm

I was able to replicate the save issue. If you save the game, then go back to the main menu and load that save game and then go back to the main menu and try and start a new game, it doesn't seem to reset everything from the last state. So save, load that save, return to main menu and try to start a new game... Creates an issue. Will look at the code when I get home.
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby youngneil1 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:09 pm

The longer texts in the Elderin Stone introductory dialogue are cut off/offscreen at times on my smalish iphone screen (this includes the answer options in one case).
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby slowdive » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:15 pm

I'll need to add some data check in the toolset for too long text nodes or figure out how to add scrolling that doesn't result in accidentally selecting a text node answer.
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to General IceBlink Project Discussions