Solasta: Crown of the Magister

Discuss anything in general about the IceBlink Engine + Toolset project (or anything else) here.

Solasta: Crown of the Magister

Postby Dorateen » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:20 pm

A new turn-based tactical computer role-playing game has been in development. This is based on the 5th edition OGL of Dungeons & Dragons. A large focus is on environmental dungeon crawling, with verticality and light sensitivity. The team just launched their kickstarter campaign yesterday:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ta ... e-magister

Looks like it will be the next classic party-based D&D adventure.
Dorateen
Backer
Backer

Re: Solasta: Crown of the Magister

Postby Pongo » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:05 pm

Yeah I thought this looked pretty good and backed it. They have some good ideas with light and verticality, and it sounds like they're working on fixing the issues with the camera. I hope they get there - looks a bit touch and go at the minute.

My backlog is massive at the minute sadly - haven't had much time for gaming (or building) this year. Another on my list is Legend of Amberland, which came out on Steam recently - looks like a nice Might and Magic type experience, might be worth checking out. And we're due the Knights of the Chalice 2 Kickstarter some time this year, which should be pretty awesome.
Pongo
Backer
Backer

Re: Solasta: Crown of the Magister

Postby Dorateen » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:31 pm

Pongo wrote: Another on my list is Legend of Amberland, which came out on Steam recently - looks like a nice Might and Magic type experience, might be worth checking out.

I just finished Amberland last night. It's a solid retro M&M clone. The exploration of the over world is really good.
Dorateen
Backer
Backer

Return to General IceBlink Project Discussions