Slowdive's Little Daily Blog

Discuss anything in general about the IceBlink Engine + Toolset project (or anything else) here.

Re: Slowdive's Little Daily Blog

Postby youngneil1 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:21 pm

Great to see the photo of the new computer/play area (under construction ;))! Also, cool to hear about the family progress in Iewind Dale (fireballs with 5, impressive - I started my own rpg journey 5 years too late it seems :lol: !).
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby slowdive » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:22 am

Downloaded VS2019 and cloned the most recent version of IB. Started going through each Git push and adding code changes to IBx. I’m at around v90 so a long ways to go to get caught up. Attached is my current setup. I’m trying a vertical layout since my laptop can only support one additional monitor and I need two screens to do the code syncing. I may try putting them side by side in the end, but wanted to try this first:
541B1E06-7BC2-4D63-9175-0BE4E693BB97.jpeg
541B1E06-7BC2-4D63-9175-0BE4E693BB97.jpeg (300.55 KiB) Viewed 132 times
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dorateen » Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:54 pm

That looks sweet. Have a good Thanksgiving holiday, slowdive.
Dorateen
Backer
Backer

Postby slowdive » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:23 pm

Pongo wrote:Did Iceblink Basic get taken down from the Google Play store? I can't find it.

My wife had concerns about posting apps on stores without an LLC (we ended our Bree Arts LLc as everything has been free and keeping the LLC cost money). I'm trying to convince her that it will not be an issue and then I'll re-post them. My iOS dev account expired (it is $100 per year, Google is free after $25 initial setup fee) so I'll have to renew that. I'm working on it :P
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby youngneil1 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:25 am

Wow -that's a very fine coding space :) . I especially like the guitar rack - very inspiring and adds to the ambience big time.

Awesome to hear that you tackle the Xamarin journey project again :D ! v90 is deep into it already. I am a bit embarrassed about all the code mess you have to deal with, sorry for that :oops: . It contains so much redundant and old, dead end code (plus all those commented out, but never deleted sections). There's a reason for sure I don't code for living - like, aeh, I could not buy daily coffee form potential revenues for example :lol: . Then again, most of this stuff has been written on a subway line and the targeted functionality has extended over time, bit by bit, without setting up a structure to handle it from scratch (eg props as carriers of ever extending gameplay logic - moving props - time driven movers - seamlessly connected maps - movers able to cross maps - smoothly gliding movers - animated movers - scrolling screen on player movement... had I foreseen the whole picture form the outset, it might look a bit better.. or not :lol: ). Ah, enough excuses from me, let's do it :) .
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:34 am

My wife had concerns about posting apps on stores without an LLC (we ended our Bree Arts LLc as everything has been free and keeping the LLC cost money). I'm trying to convince her that it will not be an issue and then I'll re-post them. My iOS dev account expired (it is $100 per year, Google is free after $25 initial setup fee) so I'll have to renew that. I'm working on it :P

Ah, that's understandable. One by one, the positive in it is that it frees you from maintenance work for the app for the time being. I am sure that- when the time is right for you and the family - IBbasic will return back again.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby slowdive » Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:35 am

So I finished updating to VS2019, Xamarin.Forms 4.3, and SkiaSharp 1.68. I had a few hiccups with the newest version of SkiaSharp and the iOS apps, but I finally got it working again. So a little more testing and I'll be ready to start where I left off with IBx and IBbasic. I also need to accommodate dark mode for IBbasic dialog forms.
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby youngneil1 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:28 pm

Excellent - sounds like you're back in the game :D .
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby slowdive » Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:59 pm

Renewed apple dev account for a year. I then installed the latest version of IBbasic on my iPad and iPhone. I’ll be testing and creating bug and feature lists. I plan on updating IBx by going through each GitHub commit one at a time. I’ll probably alternate days of working on IBx and IBbasic. I have maybe an hour or two at night to work on my own stuff (not family stuff :P ).
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby slowdive » Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:31 pm

I had to revert back to an earlier version of skiaSharp for IBx. The issue had to do with fonts and iOS not loading with the most recent version of skiaSharp. After that I was able to load up a module again. There are some issues on iOS with some images not loading that I’ll need to figure out.
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General IceBlink Project Discussions