Hearkenwold

Discuss user created adventure modules
Dorateen

Re: Hearkenwold

Post by Dorateen »

Interestingly, KotC2 comes with a Death Knight class, which has a special ability called Life Drain. Not exactly the same as level drain, but does let the character siphon hit points from an enemy and add them to his own.
youngneil1

Post by youngneil1 »

Hey Dorateen,

it's so impressive that you are rebuilding Hearkenwold in the KotC 2 Engine! That video was impressive to watch, especially when it comes to the full implementation of all the combat features of D&D.

It woule indeed be awesome if Hearkenwold would accompany the official launch of the KotC2 engine - there would be quite the audience then and Hearkenwold so much earns to be played by more people.

Keep the good stuff coming :) !
Dorateen

Post by Dorateen »

Thanks, youngneil1. I'm looking forward to returning to IceBlink as well, and hearing more about your new project.
Dorateen

Post by Dorateen »

January Update

I started to work on the Guild Adventures, which is the final stage of the Hearkenwold campaign as I look to wrap up the conversion project into the KotC2 engine. Of course, once incorporated, these missions can be tackled as soon as the player unlocks the Guild access. Although some of the areas are definitely for higher level characters.

I'll post a few screenshots as I was finishing up the Relmfur Fortress and surrounding areas to close out the year:

Now we will see if I completely underestimated how long it will take to recreate the class specific content. I am projecting to near completion by the end of March so there can be a 1st Quarter release. It's always possible work could go a little past that. Once this version of the module is released, I am ready to return to working in IceBlink as the broader scope of Hearkenwold continues to expand.
slowdive
Site Admin

Post by slowdive »

March is right around the corner and your progress has been swift. The KotC2 conversions is coming along nicely.
Dorateen

Post by Dorateen »

I don't want to think of March being right around the corner! I am hoping three months gives me enough time to do everything I need to do. Going to stagger work on all the guild quests over the next several weeks, so that I can have them all more ore less finished in that time frame.
youngneil1

Post by youngneil1 »

Thank you for the update on development :) ! The new screenies in KotC2 look fresh and shiny. Yeah, time flies, especially when you do something you are really into. So this is a good sign that you are on the right track with bringing a full blown Hearkenwold into the light of the world.
Dorateen

Post by Dorateen »

Thanks, as I've discussed in this thread, I enjoy working with both engines. I might explore some new tilesets for the next part when I return to IceBlink. It will sort of be like a fresh start.
cartons

Post by cartons »

Just wanted to tell you I'm really enjoying my first playthrough of Hearkenwold! The writing is sensitive and intelligent, and the fight setpieces are all the right kinds of challenging :twisted:

Yesterday, in a cave, I walked in on a trio of Shaman Trolls and got thoroughly whupped (I barely scratched one of them!). Decided to explore in another direction and ended up getting kidnapped by slavers. After catalyzing a rebellion and escaping (some magic items richer; levels and skills wiser), I charged back into that cave and wiped out those Shaman Trolls without taking a single hit! Very satisfying.

Right now my party is levels 4-5, at the foot of the barricaded Dwarven Moutain. Stepping forward seems like a pretty huge commitment for now, and I'm still on the trail of Wrathack, so I decided to trudge back down to the plains for now. I'd like to keep my eyes open for a shovel too...

Thanks for making such a fun, engaging adventure. I'm neither a minmaxer nor a completionist, but I'd like to explore as much of your world as my poorly constructed band of adventurers can handle! Looking forward for the next installment!
Dorateen

Post by Dorateen »

Thank you very much for the feedback, cartons. I am delighted to hear about your experience with the trolls, as this module was designed so that the player might get themselves into difficult situations and need to come back when their characters are stronger. If you find yourself stuck at any point, or encounter any bugs, please let me know.